Sunday, December 6, 2009

18 lines

I hang on your every word, as to keep from drowning

I see your life then see mine and stop myself from doubting

Your eyes pierced my soul and experience fused my past

Hearing how you got through those times made those tears my last

I thank you for the friendship; tangible and untainted

I see your thoughts in my eyes, a beautiful picture you painted

My regret was lost that night, forcing me to move on

My past became the past, remembered but so far gone

A song was written then, to last throughout all time

Our friendship brought reason, our connection brought ryhme

I look forward to more late nights, my exhaustion bitter sweet

Waiting for the next exchange, for the last is obsolete

Touched by muses, I hear our music, screaming with lessons learned

Untouched hopes, darkest fears, smiles and loves that burn

A trust grew wings and flew, too high to ever be seen

Friendships tempered in coals so hot, are few and far between

I thank you for crystal clarity, my life is not so rough

I tried to finish what I started, but eighteen lines were not enough

No comments:

Post a Comment